Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Spring Cleaning

Dear Reader,

Today, I return to school after a spring break that was much needed in more ways than one.

First of all, I needed the rest. I've been anticipating a job where I would work third shift, so I acclimated my sleep accordingly. The problem with this is that two days a week I have a class that starts at 1:30pm. Add in the time it takes to eat, shower, and get ready for class, I don't have much time left for sleep. So, this past week has been great for catching up.

Second, I was able to take a break from reading and writing for classes. I actually enjoy academic reading and writing, but I've been doing so much of it lately that I've felt like a zombie. I admittedly tried to get a little caught up this week, but I was able to be casual about it and not feel rushed. Another plus.

However, the best part of spring break was the increase in my writing. On New Year's Eve, I swore to myself that I would update my blog at least once a week. For more than a month I did not keep that promise. Then I forced myself to update regularly. Finally, when spring break got here, I went on a blogging binge. As I look back on some of my posts from this past week, I notice that they were not necessarily all that good, but upon further analysis I know that they needed to be written. After not writing for so long, I started amassing quite the mental clutter. I couldn't think straight. Thanks to this blog, I was able to update almost once a day and de-clutter a lot of what was in my head. It was my "spring cleaning" so to speak, and I found out how absolutely helpful it was. It also will help me keep my promise to update at least once a week because I don't want to be cluttered up like that again.

I would like to take this time to thank you, Reader, for bearing with me through my not-always-intelligible ramblings and being a part of my return to writing. I love to write, and I always will, but I write to be read, which means that I would have nothing to say were it not for you, Reader. Again, I want to thank you. I would also like to take this time to turn your attention to my sidebars before I sign off. Feel free to follow me by clicking the button under "followers" at the top left of the screen. Also, even though I have a strict list of what I have to read for school, I would like to encourage you to give me suggestions for what to read for review and what to read for fun. The best way to truly know what to read is to pay attention to word-of-mouth reviews. I am always looking for something good to read, and I want you to feel free to participate in this. So, if there is a certain book you would like for me to review, please leave a comment and let me know what it is and why I should read it. Maybe it's your favorite book. Maybe it's your favorite author. Maybe you know who wrote it (or you wrote it yourself). Whatever the reason, I would love to hear your feedback. I can't promise that I will get to every book in a timely manner (or even at all), but I take the suggestions of other serious readers to heart. I can't wait to hear what you have to suggest. Until then, Reader,

Speak freely. Write candidly. Read endlessly.

Yours,

James

No comments:

Post a Comment