Sunday, December 25, 2011

A New Year

It has been almost one full year since my last post. I am the kind of person who gets excited about something, then kind of lets it go. Well, the blog is back and, at the risk of being too cliche, better than ever. I have decided on a few New Year's resolutions. Along with finishing painting my room and organizing the house in which I am currently living, I have also made it my resolution to write more. That last one starts with this blog. However, things don't just happen. Everything has a reason, and every reason has a story. Here's mine.

Just a few days ago as I was cooking pasta sauce and chicken noodle soup, my cell phone vibrated, indicating I had a text message. I set my phone up to receive tweets from some people, and that's what this was. I am currently following Robin Parrish on Twitter. You can read an earlier post to find out about him, or you can click on the link on the right and go to his website. Anyway, this tweet was to let his avid followers know that his latest book was almost done and that if a few people wanted to, they could e-mail him and he would send a pdf of the book to be reviewed. I instantly e-mailed him with a request, thinking that nothing would come of it. However, less than ten minutes later, I received a reply with the book. I was so excited that I nearly forgot to finish cooking. After portioning out the food into containers and refrigerating them, I started browsing the internet, reading up on Robin Parrish and other book and writing related things. I then decided to look at my blog. I knew I had no followers, since I didn't have any last time I posted, and that was a year ago, but I just wanted to look at it. Rereading my posts and thinking about reading and writing got my creative juices flowing again. It's been a long time since I felt this enthusiastic about writing, and I have Robin Parrish to thank for it.

So that's my story. If you went through my older posts, I will tell you this: I still plan on writing about writing; I still plan to write reviews; and I still plan to write about my endeavors as a reader and writer. I hope you find these posts helpful, fun, insightful, and overall enjoyable. I guess only time will tell. (AHH! More cliches!)

No comments:

Post a Comment